Ninth Session of the Conference of States Parties (COSP9) to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD)
- New York, NY, United States
- June 14-16, 2015
- Venue: UN Headquarters, 46th St & 1st Ave, NY 10017
The overarching theme of this year’s session is “Implementing the 2030 development agenda for all persons with disabilities: Leaving no one behind”. The sub-themes are: eliminating poverty and inequality for all persons with disabilities; promoting the rights of persons with mental and intellectual disabilities; enhancing accessibility to information and technology and inclusive development; and celebrating the 10th anniversary of the adoption of the CRPD.
G3ict Side-Event at COSP 9
Harmonizing CRPD Obligations and the 2030 SDG Action Agenda: Closing Gaps in Monitoring Processes and Implementation
Date: June 16 | Time: 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Venue: Conference Room 6
Co-sponsor: DPI - Disabled People's International
A presentation of data collected by DPI and G3ict in 104 countries involved in CRPD implementation, with cross-references to the 2030 SDGs Action Agenda. Participants will explore and outline prospects for improvement – especially as they relate to monitoring progress and implementation for education, employment, information technology and poverty reduction.
Session Chair: Martin Gould, Chair, G3ict Research Committee.
- Shubha Chandra, Manager Human Rights, UN Global Compact
- Irmgarda Kasinskaite-Buddeberg, Program Specialist, Knowledge Societies Division, Communication and Information Sector, UNESCO
- Maria Martinho, Social Affairs Officer, Secretariat for the CRPD, Division for Social Policy and Development, UNDESA
- Debra Ruh, CEO, Ruh Global Communications, Chair, G3ict EmployAbility Task Force; Dorodi Sharma, Disabled People’s International
- James Thurston, Vice President, Global Strategy and Development, G3ict