|This white paper follows discussions from the 6th European e-Accessibility Forum organized by the Association BrailleNet and Universcience in Paris, France, on March 26, 2012. This is a Business Case White Paper Series published by G3ict in March 2013.
This G3ict White Paper presents and discusses
• The notion that e-accessibility must no longer be approached as an afterthought but rather as a core component of information systems with the potential to increase business and performance;
• The importance of widely recognized standards and technical guidance;
• The need for industry leaders to rise to the challenge and provide all stakeholders, from designers to end users, with the necessary tools and training to make e-accessibility feasible in large organizations;
• The means to design, build and distribute accessible products and services; and
• The importance of implementing accessibility in the day-to-day activities of digital content and service providers.